School of Advanced Medical Technologies at Isfahan University of Medical Sciences at Isfahan, Iran provides following specifications for graduated students:
Upon graduation, graduates of the Biomedical Engineering Department at School of Advanced Medical Technologies will have attained:
a. An ability to apply knowledge of math, science, and engineering.
b. An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
c. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
d. An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
e. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
f. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
g. An ability to communicate effectively.
h. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
i. Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in, life-long learning.
j. Knowledge of contemporary issues.
k. An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Following graduation and during the first several post-graduate years, biomedical engineering baccalaureate degree holders from School of Advanced Medical Technologies will possess skill sets to accomplish the following:
1. Conduct themselves with exemplary professional ethics and highest integrity.
2. Demonstrate a quantitative, analytical, and systematic approach to problem solving in their professional practice.
3. Demonstrate a continuous quest for professional excellence and success.
4. Participate in continuing education to expand their knowledge of contemporary professional issues.
5. Exhibit effective scientific, technical, communication, and resource management skills in their professional practices.